Monday, October 06, 2008

Not one of our better days...

So yesterday, Evan had the run of the kitchen. He brought a dining room chair up to the kitchen counter, climbed up, and started playing "drums" with a wooden spoon and the bread maker. "O.K.", I figured. He won't hurt the bread maker. So I sit down to the computer to email Daddy at work. Then, I hear water running. By the time I get to the kitchen, he has taken the water *sprayer* and sprayed the entire area of floor around his chair. There was no way I could get at him without my crutches slipping out from under me, which would still not result in my getting to him. What a moment of utter helplessness and powerlessness. Thank goodness my dear friend Julie called. I was in tears, and she came right over and cleaned up the water and even offered to take my little dev....er, I mean "angel" over to her house. We all took a nap instead. ;-)

No comments: