Friday, September 05, 2008

Palin Owes Some Good People an Apology (by Jim Wallis)



Jim Wallis wrote a wonderful piece on Sarah Palin's attack on Obama's experience as a community organizer. I was very put off by her condescending and sarcastic attack of Obama's early career, and the implication that somehow that was not important leadership work, work that more than qualifies Obama to lead the country. More than that, I didn't like how she was belittled that work in general. How dare she?! This is a great article about just how important that work was, and how important the work community organizers are doing now really is to our country. I hope I teach my children this, and that if they ever become community organizers, nobody belittles them. They'll have me to answer to!

No comments: