Thursday, September 01, 2005

CBC News - Viewpoint: Georgie Binks (article about women priests) (Spiritual/Political)

Canadian Sisters are Doin' It for Themselves! I just had to bump this up to my current page, even though I originally posted this back in July. :-)

I am not Catholic, but I have family on both my side and my husband's who are. And I just about bounced up for joy when I heard this story of Canadian women fighting the oppression they experience in the church at not being allowed to be ordained and serve the church they so love as priests. I am often hesitant to say anything bad about a church I am not part of. But since I have loved my churches, and I know my friends and family in other churches love their churches, I feel speaking out about any church is just what you do in the name of all churches being the loving, and just places all churches should be.

See WOW (Women's Ordination Worldwide) and the site of its organizers Women's Ordination Conferencefor more details on the global conference that just ended, and all of the efforts to end this kind of sexism in churches across the world!

No comments: