Sunday, August 21, 2005

Restaurant Updates


Finally, I'm getting around to posting about our favorite pizza place when we visit my in-laws. We've been going to Forte Pizzeria for YEARS now! Every time we visit da family, a visit to Forte's is a MUST. Their pizzas are unique and delicious, and their calzones and stromboli's are also just wonderful. And the family who owns it, and the other folks who work there are as nice and welcoming as they could be. They always remember us when we come back to visit, and I always tell them, "It wouldn't be a complete visit to NJ without a trip to Forte's."

In July I discovered KnowFat! Lifestyle Grille with my friend Dawn. She'd told me about it, and I'd been meaning to try it, so we finally did. One of the last times we were in New Jersey, Jennifer & Rob (SIL and her hubby) introduced me to Cold Stone Creamery. I don't know how long they've had locations in Boston, but I'd never been to one. I'm a convert! ;-)

Quite a while ago now, sadly, one of our favorite places Marche Movenpick at the Prudential Center, closed its doors. Fortunately there are still Movenpicks worldwide, and we can still go to their Montreal and Toronto locations in Canada.

Over the past year, my mom introduced Kevin and I to Stellina's in Watertown, MA. Here is a like to a recipe for Mark Bouchard's fusilli with smoked goat cheese, roasted mushrooms, and swiss chard. This place is just YUMMY.

And to save the best for last, a restaurant that deserves a post ALL of their own, is Sweet Basil in Needham, MA. A parent of a former student gave us a gift certificate many many years ago now...and it has been our FAVORITE spot for special occaision dining ever since. Not because it COSTS like "special occaision dining", (it doesn't), but because it is just so excellent! We recommend the Cesaer salad and Rosemary Chicken, but their risottos are always excellent as well. And the bread comes with this pesto spread that is just to DIE for!

No comments: